Friday, May 22, 2009

QUESTiON OF THE DAY: Do You Ever Have One Of Those Days?


Lemme lay it out play by play, kiddos. It was Wednesday. I was planning on continuing my job hunt when my mother rushes into the bathroom where I was brushing my teeth & hands me the phone. Shazzam! Just like that, I have an interview! At Steve Madden! If you know me, you know I have been saying how badly I want this job since before I got home! Okay! So now of course, I must dress the part & bring myself down to Newbury by 4:30 to see the manager. I con Daddy Lartey into driving me to the spot, & I walk in with my head held high. I walk out with a job. This excites me to my core, so much so that I decide to treat myself to a bag of Snyders Dips, which, in case you don't know, are the most delicious chocolate covered pretzels in the WORLD. So I float on to 711, feeling good cuz I have a flyy new job & looking good cuz I feel good & my shoe game is mean as ever.. grrr. Hair blowing in the breeze & all that. Skin glistening all bronze-y & all that. Lip gloss poppin & all that.


While in line, a band of men walks in & one tells me I am beautiful. I smile. Now usually, I would shut homeboy down when he asked me to take down his number, but I entertained his small talk, however small, because he was so tru. Y'know how guys tell girls they're beautiful because they tryna sleep with 'em & we're not supposed to believe them? I believed homeboy. He wasn't lying. I felt beautiful. And even as I pretended to save his number and walked out to the 39, I was a wee bit grateful for shorty. See, I already knew I was hurtin 'em when I stepped out the OC; that was the idea... look good, bag the job. But sometimes, it feels good for somebody other than moi to appreciate my flyy. And if that sounds stuck up, you already know. Personal problem, bebe*

3 comments:

  1. LOL GOOD READ CONGRADS ON GETTING THE JOB U WANTED HAVE A GREAT SUMMER

    LESTHEGREAT
    www.swindleseason.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. gurlll i know exactly what you are referri tooo and yes congrats congrats this is like a spring oard for the most amazing summer of cuteness flyness,grown sexyness,, and "all that"

    ReplyDelete